STEMteachersNYC seeks guidance in transitioning its governance structure from a founder driven model to a model which endures for generations to come.
Sign-Up On HBSCNY Community Partners website
STEMteachersNYC, a rapidly growing, teacher-led organization, is training teachers in STEM disciplines to apply a hands-on and inquiry-based, modeling approach to improve science education in New York City and beyond. Through intensive summer workshops, as well as school-year weekend workshops, STEMteachers is generating tremendous professional enthusiasm and a new level of engagement on the part of teachers. Its grass-roots, bottoms-up approach has the potential to foster sweeping changes in how kids learn scienceâthereby addressing one of the serious weaknesses in U.S. education and U.S. competitiveness.
Project: Create a Board Governance Blueprint
Work with board leadership and senior staff to design a plan for the transition from a founding board to an institutional board:
– Evaluate current board structure as well as alternative structures and recommend a path forward
– Develop a specific transition plan to move from an all-teacher board to a board with the diverse strengths needed for long-term growth
– Create a tool kit for management to use in recruiting new board members
– Interested HBS alumni should sign up by April 19th at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HJ8JDRG
– Kick-off meeting is scheduled for May 1st in midtown.
– Time commitment approximately 10-15 hours per month for 3-4 months.
– Questions? Contact Project Coordinator Meg Langan, MBA 1992 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Coordinator: Meg Langan, MBA 1992 (email@example.com)