Back by popular demand is another session of our sold-out workshop on Personal Branding. How do you answer the question “Tell me about yourself” or “What do you do?” Does your answer engage your audience and stimulate discussion? If not, this opportunity is for you.
As they say, you only get one chance to make a first impression, so learn how to make the most of it through this three-part workshop. You will learn how to identify your unique value and skills, understand how they differentiate you from others who have similar roles and, most importantly, learn how to distinguish yourself in one or two sentences to ensure that your introduction is memorable and more importantly, generates interest and conversation with your clients, colleagues and bosses.
Wednesday, June 9th: Workshop 1 — Assessment/Looking Inward/”Unpacking Your Unique Values” – 75 minutes
• Pre-session questionnaire (reflection exercise)
• Peak experience
• Debrief with partner in real time
• Large group
• Homework (1-2 hours) – review takeaways from peak experience exercise, review questionnaire, compare to capabilities needed in your role
Wednesday, June 16th: Workshop 2 — Designing your statement – 75 minutes
• Review homework
• Facilitators discuss how to use peak experiences and job descriptions to build personal branding statement and share a framework
• Facilitators share examples
• Participants breakout into small groups to work on identifying key components of their branding statement
• Share results in large group
• Participants start putting together their statements
• Homework (1-2 hours) – complete your statement using framework
Wednesday, June 23rd: Workshop 3 — Refining your statement – 60 minutes
• Participants refine their personal brand statement
• Small group breakouts to practice brief in-person/zoom introduction
• Large group sharing and feedback
• Scenarios for using your personal brand statement for 2 to 3 minutes
• Practice introducing yourself in different situations: networking, client meetings, new colleagues, new job onboarding
THIS IS A THREE PART WORKSHOP with 1-2 hours of homework between sessions. Participants must register by 5:00PM on June 7th to receive details on joining the discussion for June 9th, 16th and 23rd. You are expected to attend all sessions and cannot make-up for any you miss since you will be working with a partner and each workshop builds on the last. There is a brief pre-session questionnaire to be completed prior to June 9th.
A waiting list will be kept once the event is full. Please contact Programming@hbscny.org to be added.
Your registration fee of $45 includes all three workshops. Please note that no refunds will be issued.
Madelyn Sierra is an executive coach and leadership development consultant. She helps clients identify how their skills and behaviors support or hinder their business’ strategic objectives. She coaches them to develop high-performing teams, lead others effectively, manage career transitions and widen their network and sphere of influence. Her clients include executives in companies ranging from start-ups to global corporations in technology, media, financial services, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, health care, manufacturing and non-profit.
Madelyn is a Harvard MBA. She lives in Manhattan.
1460 Broadway, New York, NY, 10036