In our highly charged politics, the outcome of the upcoming mid-term election on November 6 can have many meanings and ramifications.
- What are the key take-aways?
- Can the results be viewed as an endorsement of President Trump, his policies and approach?
- Can the results be viewed as a repudiation of President Trump?
- If the results are mixed, each party will claim victory. What then?
- If the Democrats retake the House, as most polls indicate, what can we expect? What will be their agenda? Will they try to work with Republicans to enact some legislation? Will they undertake impeachment proceedings against the president?
- If the Republicans manage to hold onto both the House and Senate, what can we expect in the next two years? Will there be a further coarsening of political discourse?
- If there are some unexpected results, what do we make of that, and what are the likely ramifications?
- Based on the election results, what can we say about the state of each major political party?
- What do the results tell us about the presidential election in 2020?
Please join us for a lively discussion of the key take-aways from the mid-terms.